Labels Max-Results No.

banner image

An Open Letter to Society

Dear Society,

I am Asha. I'm in 10th std. I want to become a mechanical engineer. But my parents won't allow me because according to you it's a man's job. I should become a teacher. क्यूंकि लड़कियों को लड़कियों वाले ही काम करने चाहिए.

I am Rohan. I am in 12th std, and fashion is my passion. I want to become a fashion designer. But according to you, it's not a man's job. I should become a doctor or engineer क्यूंकि लड़कों को लड़कों वाले ही काम करने चाहिए.


I am Sameera, I've got a dual master's degree and a P.H.D degree. I am vice president of an MNC. You appreciate me for my hard work but at the same time when a proposal for marriage comes you want me to hide my qualification and salary. क्यूंकि इतनी पढ़ी-लिखी लड़की और लड़कों से ज्यादा कमाने वाली लड़की से कौन शादी करेगा? 

I am Harsh. I am a travel blogger. I earn a good amount of money. But according to you, it's not a real job. I should apply for a govt. job. क्यूंकि ऐसे लड़के को कौन बाप अपनी बेटी देगा?


I am Gigi. When I was five, my uncle tried to molest me. And when I was 13, my cousin tried to do the same thing. But according to you, it was my fault. I was not wearing salwar kameez. Maybe I gave them the signal to do so. Because Men will be Men and Boys will be Boys. It's my responsibility to protect my इज़्ज़त.

I am Prafful. A 29yr old IT guy. I used to work in a prestigious company and I had a package of 12lakhs. But now I'm jobless. No Company wants to hire me. Because six months ago somebody made a false allegation of sexual harassment. I was in jail for six months, tryin' to prove my innocence.

Society, what have you become? You are growing old, but why such a diehard? I know you are wiser than me but why you judge me constantly, don't you have a life? I know you care, that's why you constantly bug me saying लोग क्या कहेंगे.

Please, don't get the wrong idea. I'm not judging you. You are a pro in this game.
You shut my mouth whenever I try to oppose your conspiracy.

I've been trying to say this from a very long time. Please, stop spreading hate and conspiracy against religion and innocent people, otherwise we're done. I'm sorry but it's not me, its you.

Sincerely,
 A common man



An Open Letter to Society An Open Letter to Society Reviewed by The Brown Brain on May 13, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

banner image
Powered by Blogger.