Labels Max-Results No.

banner image

What it actually means to be an introvert

Introversion is not a synonym for being socially awkward or shy. It's a preference for environments that are not overstimulating.

One could be a friendly person and still be an introvert. We are one-third of the total population and still the most misunderstood group in India, possibly in the world.
It's very difficult for extroverts to understand us. They assume that the company, especially their own is always welcome.

In our hypocrite society being outgoing is considered normal and staying at home and spending more time with self as depressed and a loner. It's not true. In fact, introverts can have some of the deepest and most meaningful friendships

Hello! my name is Introvert.
Let me put it loud and clear I hate socializing. Let me explain why. For one I need to take off my resting bitch face and put on a polite smile face which gives people a false sign to come and make small conversation. Small talk is one of the nightmares that we introverts have.

Social interaction drains me. I need to go home and lock myself in a room for at least a week just to recover from an evening out. I make stupid illness scenarios in my head before attending any social gathering. Notifications of canceled plans and events give me more joy than anything else.

I'm aware of the fact human are a social being. We need interaction, community. But, how do we know how much interaction is too much or too little? 
In our case, even a 10% interaction is too much. We actually enjoy JoMo ( JOY OF MISSING OUT)

But, we are not depressed, self-centered, a loner and anti-social. We love one-on-one conversation, spending the day alone. We like other humans. We prefer to get to know people on a deeper level. We are not boring. We are fun.

It can be argued that extroversion is valued over introversion. Despite the facts that we are great listeners( we tend to be the friend you can call when you are upset or have good news to share), observers and better partners.
With advancing technology we are expected to stay connected, be more social and outgoing. But, is extroversion something that we should all aspire to become?

What it actually means to be an introvert What it actually means to be an introvert Reviewed by The Brown Brain on March 16, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

banner image
Powered by Blogger.